We, at Reliefz Physiotherapy clinic, are involved in the treating players or athletes who are professional or play during weekends. This area of practice encompasses soft tissue injury management and injury prevention, training of an athlete.
Common injuries we treat are:
- SLAP lesion
- Rotator cuff injury
- Tennis and golfers elbow
- ACL and meniscal tear
- Muscle strain(Hamstring, quadriceps, calf)
- Ligament sprain like Ankle sprain
- Patellar tendinitis
- Shin splint
Physiotherapy has great potential to play a multifactorial role in the enhancement of sports injury management.
- Prevention of injury – Identification and address of deficiencies known to directly result in, or act as precursors to injury. Planning specific conditioning exercise program, regular endurance training, guidance on certain precautions like avoiding overuse, taking rest periods.
- Treatment of injury – Depends upon the structure involvement and begins by the principle of Rest, Ice, Compression, Elevation(RICE) and progressive management for maximum mobility and full return to sport.
- Training of an athlete -We also provide sports related specific exercise training program which includes
- Endurance training
- Strength training
- Free weight training
- Agility training
- Stretches and relaxation techniques