Paediatric physiotherapy involves rehabilitation of babies and children with neuromuscular problem, orthoproblem, developmental delays. We at Reliefz Physiotherapy clinic treat children with neuromuscular and developmental problems.
Children with neurological conditions may have difficulties with their physical functions including mobility, muscle strength, range of movement and balance.
Children with developmental problems may have difficulty at reaching his/her developmental milestones by a time or age that is expected. Developmental milestones are tasks most children learn or develop that commonly appear in certain age ranges, for example, head control, rolling, crawling, sitting, standing and walking. For children with these problems, physiotherapy should commence as soon as possible.
Physiotherapy treatment for these children will maximise their potential and promote physical development to reach developmental milestones.
We treat a variety of paediatric conditions including:
- Cerebral palsy
- Developmental coordination disorder(DCD)
- General musculoskeletal injuries
- Gross motor skill deficit
After initial assessment, treatment approach is entirely child focused and based solely on what is best for each child and it includes the following.
- Re-educating normal movement patterns
- Balance and coordination training
- Improving standing and quality of walking
- Advice and support for parents and teachers
- Milestone development
- Improving fine and gross motor skills
- Sensory processing and integration of tactile, vestibular and proprioception.
- Neuro developmental treatment(NDT)