Geriatric physical therapy focuses on the older adult. It is a proven means for older adults from every level of physical ability to improve their balance and strength, build their confidence, and remain active. There are many problems faced by senior citizens which are mentioned below.
- Hip and knee joint replacement,
- Balance disorders,
- Frequency of falls
- Common fractures like hip, wrist
- Heart problem
- Problems due to immobilisation.
The most important goals are to be able to function at their best abilities and doing everyday tasks. At Reliefz Physiotherapy clinic, we help them promote maximum function and independence within the person’s capability by
- Reducing pain
- Improving sensation, joint proprioception
- Increasing overall fitness through exercise programs
- Educating how to use assistive devices and performing daily tasks safely.
- Recommending adaptations to make the person’s home accessible and safe
- Teaching energy conservation techniques, joint protection
- Increasing or maintain range of motion, strength, flexibility, coordination, balance and endurance
- Teaching positioning, transfers, and walking skills.