Common impairments associated with neurologic conditions include impairments of sensation, movement, muscle strength, balance, walking, activities of daily living and loss of functional independence. We, at Reliefz Physiotherapy clinic offer specialised physiotherapy treatments for people with such neurological condition. We treat a number of neurological conditions including:
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Parkinson’s disease
- Cerebellar disorders
- Motor Neurone Disease
- spinal cord injury
- head injury
- peripheral nerve injury
- GuillainBarre Syndrome
- Bells palsy
Physiotherapy regularly utilises hands-on treatment combined with exercise to aid improvement. We use various neurological physiotherapy principles, including motor relearning program, Brunnstrom Approach (synergistic movement), the Bobath Concept (normal movement), proprioceptive neuromuscular facilitation, Roods approach, Conductive Education and functional rehabilitation.
We aim to identify the area of impairment and maximise functional ability and your quality of life. We offer a high quality, dynamic, task-orientated approach to neurological rehabilitationin order to make it both functional and meaningful and therefore enhance skills, independence and confidence in patients.
We provide a structured treatment programme unique to your needs which includes:
- Strength and motor training
- Balance exercises
- Developing gross and fine motor skills
- Re-educating normal movement patterns
- Postural control
- Standing balance and gait training
- Offering guidance and advice to family and carers
- Address issues proactively to prevent long term complications from developing.
Paediatric physiotherapy involves rehabilitation of babies and children with neuromuscular problem, orthoproblem, developmental delays. We at Reliefz Physiotherapy clinic treat children with neuromuscular and developmental problems.
Children with neurological conditions may have difficulties with their physical functions including mobility, muscle strength, range of movement and balance.
Children with developmental problems may have difficulty at reaching his/her developmental milestones by a time or age that is expected. Developmental milestones are tasks most children learn or develop that commonly appear in certain age ranges, for example, head control, rolling, crawling, sitting, standing and walking. For children with these problems, physiotherapy should commence as soon as possible.
Physiotherapy treatment for these children will maximise their potential and promote physical development to reach developmental milestones.
We treat a variety of paediatric conditions including:
- Cerebral palsy
- Developmental coordination disorder(DCD)
- General musculoskeletal injuries
- Gross motor skill deficit
After initial assessment, treatment approach is entirely child focused and based solely on what is best for each child and it includes the following.
- Re-educating normal movement patterns
- Balance and coordination training
- Improving standing and quality of walking
- Advice and support for parents and teachers
- Milestone development
- Improving fine and gross motor skills
- Sensory processing and integration of tactile, vestibular and proprioception.
- Neuro developmental treatment(NDT)
It is oriented towards treatment of musculoskeletal problems(which includes bone, joint, muscles, ligament). We, involve regaining the function of above structures and normalising the biomechanics following an injury. We restore the functions by
- Reducing pain, swelling through modalities like IFT, TENS, Ultrasound.
- Improving mobility through joint and spine mobilisation.
- Increasing strength, endurance, flexibility through therapeutic exercise.
- Altering biomechanics.
- Suggestions on braces or support.
- Educating the proper techniques to follow.
We, at Reliefz Physiotherapy clinic treat the below following conditions.
- All kinds of joint pain
- Neck and back pain (spondylosis, disc prolapse)
- Frozen shoulder
- Rotator cuff tendinitis
- Plantar fasciitis and calcaneal spur
- Post fracture management
- Arthritis(OA and Rheumatoid arthritis)
- Post operativesurgery like total knee replacement
- Muscle strain
- Ligament sprain
We, at Reliefz Physiotherapy clinic, are involved in the treating players or athletes who are professional or play during weekends. This area of practice encompasses soft tissue injury management and injury prevention, training of an athlete.
Common injuries we treat are:
- SLAP lesion
- Rotator cuff injury
- Tennis and golfers elbow
- ACL and meniscal tear
- Muscle strain(Hamstring, quadriceps, calf)
- Ligament sprain like Ankle sprain
- Patellar tendinitis
- Shin splint
Physiotherapy has great potential to play a multifactorial role in the enhancement of sports injury management.
- Prevention of injury – Identification and address of deficiencies known to directly result in, or act as precursors to injury. Planning specific conditioning exercise program, regular endurance training, guidance on certain precautions like avoiding overuse, taking rest periods.
- Treatment of injury – Depends upon the structure involvement and begins by the principle of Rest, Ice, Compression, Elevation(RICE) and progressive management for maximum mobility and full return to sport.
- Training of an athlete -We also provide sports related specific exercise training program which includes
1. Endurance training
2. Strength training
3. Free weight training
4. Agility training
5. Stretches and relaxation techniques
A physical fitter body will function much more efficiently and everyday tasks are easier to perform, the likelihood of injury, illness will decrease and mental agility is increased.
At Reliefz Physiotherapy clinic, we begin with finding what body type you are, where you have excess fat and in what areas your muscles needs developing and we do simple fitness test and body measurement to find out your present level of fitness.
Then we will plan an exercise program according to the fitness level where it starts with warm up and ends with cool down. The exercise program includes
- Mobility exercises- to loosen up joints
- Pulse raising exercises- to warm up the body
- Stretching-to improve flexibility
- Muscle toning –to improve body shape
- Strength training-to improve muscle power
- Aerobic exercises- to improve your heart, lung function and circulation
- Relaxation techniques- to manage stress
- Diet counselling – to loose or maintain weight
CARDIOVASCULAR & PULMONARY PHYSIOTHERAPY
We at, Reliefz Physiotherapy clinic offer therapy for a wide variety of cardiopulmonary disorders such as
- Post heart attacks
- Pre and post cardiac surgery for excoronary bypass surgery, congenital heart defects
- Post heart valve replacement
- Chronic obstructive lung disease
- Cystic fibrosis
Primary goals include,
- To improve the physiologic and psychosocial condition of patients
- to assist in clearing lung secretions,
- to prescribe exercises to increase functional exercise capacity,
- to increase endurance and functional independence
- education, counseling regarding risk reduction and lifestyle modification.
Geriatric physical therapy focuses on the older adult. It is a proven means for older adults from every level of physical ability to improve their balance and strength, build their confidence, and remain active. There are many problems faced by senior citizens which are mentioned below.
- Hip and knee joint replacement,
- Balance disorders,
- Frequency of falls
- Common fractures like hip, wrist
- Heart problem
- Problems due to immobilisation.
The most important goals are to be able to function at their best abilities and doing everyday tasks. At Reliefz Physiotherapy clinic, we help them promote maximum function and independence within the person’s capability by
- Reducing pain
- Improving sensation, joint proprioception
- Increasing overall fitness through exercise programs
- Educating how to use assistive devices and performing daily tasks safely.
- Recommending adaptations to make the person’s home accessible and safe
- Teaching energy conservation techniques, joint protection
- Increasing or maintain range of motion, strength, flexibility, coordination, balance and endurance
- Teaching positioning, transfers, and walking skills.
WOMEN’S HEALTH PHYSIOTHERAPY
Women’s health physiotherapy addresses women’s issues related to the female reproductive system, child birth, and post-partum. The conditions we treat at Reliefz Physiotherapy clinic include
- pelvic pain
- prenatal and post postnatal periods
- general fitness and weight loss after delivery
- urinary incontinence,
- pelvic floor dysfunction
- low back pain.
WORK RELATED INJURIES
Some occupations require people to spend long hours sitting at a desk or over a computer and typing repeatedly.
Such people tend to develop wrong postures like bent neck, rounded shoulders especially if they don’t see that desk and chairs are at the right height for them. When this happens repeatedly, they tend to develop repetitive strain injury like neck, back pain, wrist pain, numbness and also weak abdominals over a period of time. Common problems encountered are
- Cervical and lumbar postural, dysfunction syndrome
- Upper back strain
- Tennis elbow
- Brachioradialis strain
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- De quervain’s disease
At Reliefz Physiotherapy clinic, we work out to improve posture by educating them the faulty postures, correcting them by teaching good posture and exercises and making them understand the importance and benefits of rest periods and simple stretches in between their work.
We emphasise on ergonomic changes at work place like the height of desk, chair, position of laptopetc and also advise them to follow the same at home. Also we provide ergonomic products to correct posture and make pain free environment and thus making them work efficiently.
GROUP AWARENESS CLASSES
We organise group classes to corporates, housewives, and software professionals at your place. We address about various issues like primary and secondary prevention of various pains like neck, back, knee pain, how to overcome already suffering pain. Group exercise classes are also taken.
We conduct sessions about ergonomics to corporates at their work place, suggest some modifications about the chair, table height, computer/laptop position, usage of keyboard, mouse and about their posture.